I. Readings
Psalms 19, 81, 113
1 Samuel 23:7-18
Romans 11:33-12:2
Matthew 25:14-30
II. Selections
Ps. 81:13
O that my people would listen to me,
that Israel would walk in my ways!
1 Sam. 23:14b
Saul sought [ David] every day, but the LORD did not give him into his hand.
Rom. 12:2
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God-what is good and acceptable and perfect.
Matt. 25:26
" ...But his master replied, 'You wicked and lazy slave! You knew, did you, that I reap where I did not sow, and gather where I did not scatter? ...'"
III. Meditation: Misplaced persistance
Saul sought David every day, wanting to destroy him. We are very willing to persist in working for our worldly goals, bad though these may be. We become as addled in our searching as was the one-talent man who did not even have the good sense to put his talent in the bank. O that we would listen to you and walk in your ways! Transform us by the renewing of our minds, so that we may discern your will for us, what is good and acceptable and perfect. Then through our lives you will reap abundant harvests.
No comments:
Post a Comment