I. Readings
Psalms 27, 36, 80
1 Samuel 28:3-20
Acts 15:1-11
Mark 5:1-20
II. Selections
Ps. 27:4
One thing I asked of the LORD,
that will I seek after:
to live in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to behold the beauty of the LORD,
and to inquire in his temple.
1 Sam. 28:6
When Saul inquired of the LORD, the LORD did not answer him, not by dreams, or by Urim, or by prophets.
Acts 15:7
After there had been much debate, Peter stood up and said to them, "My brothers, you know that in the early days God made a choice among you, that I should be the one through whom the Gentiles would hear the message of the good news and become believers. ..."
Mark 5:15
[ The people] came to Jesus and saw the demoniac sitting there, clothed and in his right mind, the very man who had had the legion; and they were afraid.
III. Meditation: What shall happen when we approach you?
What shall happen when we approach you? Shall we behold your beauty and learn from your presence? Shall we seek answers, only to encounter your silence? Will you drive out the demons who torment us? Will we see what you have done for others and respond in fear? Will you lay your hand upon us, choosing us to bear your message to others?
No comments:
Post a Comment