I. Readings
Psalms 47, 57, 85
2 Samuel 2:1-11
Acts 15:36-16:5
Mark 6:14-29
II. Selections
Ps. 57:7-8a
My heart is steadfast, O God,
my heart is steadfast.
I will sing and make melody.
Awake, my soul!
2 Sam. 2:7
" ...Therefore let your hands be strong, and be valiant; for Saul your lord is dead, and the house of Judah has anointed me king over them." [ David]
Acts 15:38
But Paul decided not to take with them one who had deserted them in Pamphylia and had not accompanied them in the work.
Mark 6:21
But an opportunity came when Herod on his birthday gave a banquet for his courtiers and officers and for the leaders of Galilee.
III. Meditation: Strong hands, steadfast heart
Is my heart steadfast in what you would have me hold on to, or do I look for an opportunity to disobey you? Are my hands strong to do your work, or hesitant to go with you? Awake my soul, that I may sing and make melody in glad celebration.
No comments:
Post a Comment