I. Readings
Psalms 1, 33, 89:1-18
2 Samuel 14:21-33
Acts 21:15-26
Mark 10:17-31
II. Selections
Psalms 1:6
...for the LORD watches over the way of the righteous,
but the way of the wicked will perish.
2 Samuel 14:31-32a
Then Joab rose and went to Absalom at his house, and said to him, "Why have your servants set my field on fire?" Absalom answered Joab, "Look, I sent word to you ..."
Acts 21:18-20a
The next day Paul went with us to visit James; and all the elders were present. After greeting them, he related one by one the things that God had done among the Gentiles through his ministry. When they heard it, they praised God.
Mark 10:17
As [ Jesus] was setting out on a journey, a man ran up and knelt before him, and asked him, "Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
III. Meditation: Must I set the barley on fire?
If you watch over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish, what must I do to inherit eternal life? Absalom set Joab's barley field on fire to command his attention, but that would not work with you. Neither can I impress you as Paul impressed James and the elders, when Paul recited all the things that you did through his ministry. I have no righteousness except in you, so I must accept your invitation and follow.
No comments:
Post a Comment